Thursday, September 20, 2007

What's new

Allen's visiting me in Houston this weekend (friday) I can't wait!
and he bought me a Wii, and DS games! and we can finally get our grooves on! he also got the dance dance rev. mario version for the gamecube!
NE way, he told me the other day to help him set up a blog too! I can't believe he's actually going to blog?? it'll be interesting to watch...
and of course, he also said he wanted a boat and wanted to become a sniper... hehehe

Well, I was watching the news the other day, about racism (the Jena 6) and abortion. I think racism exists everywhere. It doesn't have to be black vs. white, even Asians vs. Asians. Even in Taiwan, the Chinese and Taiwanese also act in that way. It's just completely unavoidable. It's just whenever there's an opportunity, people tend to want to act like they're better than some, even if they have the same skin color. But really... I think the black kids deserve what they got. The aggression was not necessary. Martin Luther King didn't make all the difference by punching his way through the white population. And if the black population wants to be treated better, I think they better start working harder. You can't behave a certain way and then complain about how others treat you that way and blaming them for being racists.

And my cousin asked me whether I agree with abortion (after we watched the news about planned parenthood) I said no, then she asked me if I was Christian or Catholic. I think most people would make this association. Though I'm Christian, I really think abortion is just bad for the society. I mean look at what goes on in schools nowadays. One of my classmates (elementary school teacher) told me that they caught a couple of FOURTH graders having sex in the playground (inside the enclosed slide)!!!! ugh!! and when I was working at the camp, we were told to watch for the girls wearing these sex bracelets, pretty much normal plastic bracelets, but the idea was that if someone breaks one, you'd have to have sex with them, and the color and style determins the position and flavor for the condoms! It was all over the news a few years back. And what about high school orgies? you think it's absurd don't you? well, it happens!
I mean most of the supporters argue that abortion is necessary when the girls get raped, or when they make a mistake and it's a better option. but how many raped cases are there versus teens who choose to have sex?? If abortion is illegal, it should teach the society about being stricter about controlling their sexual urges, controlling the media. All the openess about sex, peer pressure only make the whole society more vulnerable to STDs! Don't people care about their kids? Even if your kids choose to be more careful about sex doesn't mean that their peers will, and it puts everybody at a higher risk. I think America needs to have a moral check.