Friday, February 25, 2005

I just found out.....

I just found out that one of our high school friend, JV Huang, had died from bacterial meningitis about a year ago. This was a guy who had moved to College Station from Port Lavaca when we were in high school, same grade as me. I remembered that on his first or second day of school at Consol, I went up to him and invited him to join the Asians and introduced him to our clique, of course he thought I was weird. He became part of our Asian gang in high school and we'd hang out at lunch, I remember distinctly. We had the same lunch period, and we'd sit together. There was some sort of bond between us Asians back then. He was pretty good friends with everybody, Sarah, Mary, and some of the guys, and we'd go to church together.
Anyway, he moved back to Port Lavaca after a year in College Station and never heard anything from him since. Dustin met someone at UT who was from Port Lavaca who knew JV and found out from him that JV died. It's really weird.........